Saturday 12 September 2009

Welcome to Etsy



A friend of mine introduced me to Etsy this week

It is 'the place to buy & sell all things hand made' and it is an absolute gem. I have opened my own little shop and hopefully I will sell come of my wares - click on the link to my Etsy shop on the left of this page

I just can't believe I had never discovered it before, there are so many talented people out there, it's just amazing

What is Etsy? Their mission is to enable people to make a living making things, and to reconnect makers with buyers.

Their vision is to build a new economy and present a better choice:

Buy, Sell, and Live Handmade


Where is Etsy?
The Etsy community spans the globe with buyers and sellers coming from more than 150 countries. Etsy sellers number in the hundreds of thousands

If each of these sellers stood outside at night with a really bright flashlight pointed towards the sky, it might look something like the image to the right